Why you Need to Stage Your Home
You’ve heard it before- it’s all about first impressions!
Most buyers make a decision about your home within 30 seconds while clicking through photos online. Home staging simply helps your home look more attractive while highlighting some of its best features. Working with an agent who will provide staging services can make a huge difference to how your home shows to potential buyers and to your overall sale price.
We work with a team of professional stagers to help show you where to declutter in your home, what furniture to move around, things to pack and helpful tips to make your home look more appealing during showings. Sometimes we may suggest painting (one of the most inexpensive ways to make the home feel newer), or some minor changes such as replacing light bulbs or light fixtures in order to make the house feel more updated and appeal to more buyers. Stagers will also add their own accessories, bedding, artwork and sometimes furniture pieces. Paying attention to the little details can make a big difference to how a potential buyer perceives your home!
Contact us to find out about the staging we include in our services and how it can make a big difference to your selling experience.
Below are some helpful styling tips to help put your home in prime showing shape!
- Clear out your closets and clutter
- Focus on highlighting the most visible areas in your home (kitchen, living room, master suite, family room etc)
- Remove personal items in your home like family photos and souvenirs
- Put away large items such as porcelains, plates and vases to create more space
- In the summer, water your grass and garden 30 minutes before an open house- this will make your lawn sparkle
- Do not cook anything that will leave an odor (fish, garlic etc)
- Set the dining room table with attractive linens and dishes
- Neatly arrange fresh flowers throughout your home
- Uses mirrors to help smaller rooms look more open
- Use as much natural light as possible
- Make small repairs to faucets, squeaking doors and fences
- Bring another set of eyes to help you catch something you may have overlooked